There are many people who swear that herbal remedies work for bad breath. If you suffer from bad breath you might want to try some of the following herbal products to see if you can promote a sweeter breath:
Bad Breath Can Damage Your Career
Not only can bad breath affect your social life, it can also have a negative impact on your career and job prospects. If you want to get the job that you really want you might want to brush your teeth more often and stay away from the coffee.
This is because, as some studies show, people who have bad breath are less likely to be considered for a job than people with sweet smelling breath.bIf you think that you have bad breath there are some things that you can focus on to remedy the matter such as:
• Take more care brushing your teeth. Make sure that you brush your gums, the inside of your cheeks, your tongue, and the roof of your mouth.
• Floss between your teeth at least once each day. You want to make sure that all the food particles are removed from your mouth and from between your teeth.
• Drink plenty of water and other liquids so that your mouth stays wet. Saliva will help to flush out your mouth and can bring you relief from bad breath before it starts.
• Avoid drinking coffee; coffee leaves a distinctive smell in your mouth and can also cause dryness. • Take the time to clean out your mouth each time that you eat particularly after eating meat, fish, or milk products.
• See your dentist regularly to make sure that you don’t have gum problems or tooth decay. • Use a tongue cleaner to keep your tongue free of bacteria.
• Chew sugarless gum after you eat, particularly if you can’t find the time to brush your teeth right away.
• Snack on fresh vegetables like carrots and celery.
Many employers say that bad breath is a very unattractive feature in a potential employee. The only other two unattractive features are body odor and a person who is dressed without care. Employers want to know that the employees they hire are neat and tidy.
Bad breath is a taboo subject that many people avoid taking about. The basic feeling is “if I don’t think about it, I don’t have it”. However, it’s important that you recognize whether or not you have bad breath so that you can take the steps necessary to relieve this problem.
If you have a job interview planned in the near future you’re going to want to know whether or not you need to focus on your dental hygiene a little bit more than you usually do. This is especially true if you’re applying for a job where you’ll be spending a lot of time talking with customers or other employees.
Herbal Remedies for Bad Breath
- Anise: Anise seeds are a licorice flavored seed that can kill the bacteria in your mouth as well as mask the odor. Other seeds to try include fennel, dill, or cardamom.
- Cloves: Cloves are known as a powerful antiseptic. Make yourself a clove mouthwash which you can use twice a day. Place 3 whole cloves into two cups of boiling water. Let this mixture steep for about 20 minutes. Pour the mixture through a strainer and put the liquid into a jar.
- Lemon: Take a lemon wedge and sprinkle a little bit of salt on the stop. Suck on the lemon wedge until the juices are gone. This will help to stop bad breath after you’ve eaten onions or garlic.
- Parsley: Try chewing on a few sprigs of parsley. Parsley has been used for thousands of years in the promotion of good smelling breath. Mint works just as well as parsley.
- Fennel: There are two ways that you can use fennel to fight bad breath: (1) chew the leaves slowly so that saliva builds up in your mouth, or (2) take a fennel capsule (found in health food stores) and open it up, mixing the contents with baking soda so that you make a paste. Use this paste to brush your teeth, gums, and tongue.
Folk Remedies for Bad Breath
Over the years there have been many folk remedies that are used to combat bad breath. Whether they work or not will be up to you. One of the most popular folk remedies is the use of apple cider vinegar. After each meal swallow a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar either straight or diluted in a glass of water. Not only will this fight your bad breath, it will also aid you in digesting your meal.
Brush your teeth with baking soda to reduce or eliminate bad breath. Baking soda will help to neutralize the acids in your mouth which can promote the growth of bacteria. You can also look for tooth pastes that are made with hydrogen peroxide to achieve the same results. Hydrogen peroxide is also helpful in keeping your sinuses healthy.
Infected sinuses can cause you to have bad breath that is very unpleasant. Dilute the hydrogen peroxide (sold in pharmacies at a strength of 3%) with about 50% water. Place about five to ten drops of the solution into each nostril, making sure to inhale deeply.
Gargling with salt water is another way that you can flush out the bacteria in your mouth. You’ll also be gargling out food particles and mucus which can lead to bad breath. Make sure that you gargle deep back into your throat so that your tonsils are flushed.
A Simple Cure With Zantac
Treating the basic cause of the bad breath will help eradicate the problem and the key is to find out the main disorder that is causing this. Digestive problems like acidity can cause bad breath and a simple ant acid will help in getting rid of the bad breath.
Bad breath is caused by peptic ulcers Sometimes a certain bacteria in the body can cause other problems like digestive disorders too. A common problem is that of peptic ulcers where the person has reflux and also vomiting.
This is also because of the acidity in the stomach and the food remaining undigested giving rise to gasses in the stomach which come up to the mouth. This causes bad breath. However, the cure for this is fairly simple as a drug like Zantac can bring the problem under control and get rid of the bad breath too.
How does Zantac cure bad breath? Zantac helps in curing the acidity in the stomach which is aggravating the ulcer. With this the heart burn and reflux is reduced and also puts a stop to the odors that emit from these gasses in the stomach.
Apart from Zantac an antibiotic may also be prescribed to treat the bacteria in the stomach and the ulcer will also disappear. With this combination in treating the problem the bad breath will be cured also. The main thing is to find out the cause of bad breath and treat it instead of only external solutions.
Consult a doctor for the problem If a person has any chronic problem with their health it is always advisable to see their personal physician so that they can find out the underlying cause of the problem. Similarly if a person has bad breath accompanied with heart burn and other digestive problems like vomiting then it is better not to try just home remedies but to get expert advice.
The doctor will probably have some tests done to diagnose the problem that is causing the bad breath and the heart burn. In case it is confirmed to be a digestive problem then Zantac will help it immediately.
Though Zantac can be procured over the counter it has various strengths and it is better to consult the doctor before buying it for yourself. However, if there is going to be a delay in seeing the doctor then you can start on the medication while waiting for the final.
Thank you for reading my article if you like it, please do share it with the people around you. For more interesting / informative content please click here