By Fiza Khan | Lahore, Pakistan
Fat burning is an essential part of healthy living. It involves many aspects that are closely linked which promote the increase of your metabolic rate that leads to shredding of unwanted fat. We have 5 tips which will help you get closer to your goal. Fat burning is just a disclaimer all these tips are natural and totally safe, we are not including any “fat burning supplements” as they are unsafe and harmful for your health. Now let’s start.
Rapid Fat Burning journey
The first tip for fat burning is to eat organic foods with absolutely no preservatives. These may include:
- Fatty fish, fish in general have unsaturated fatty acids which promote heart health and fat burning. Salmon, mussels, anchovies, mackerel, herring
Sardines all contain omega 3 fatty acids which is good for overall health. Fish are a source of protein which again help with the feeling of fullness and
promote digestion of fats.
- Eggs, these are an excellent source of protein. Eggs are nutritious as well as delicious to satisfy your taste buds. These are the anytime food and can be eaten with almost anything and everything. In breakfasts, these will help provide fullness and you won’t feel hungry. The energy from this food will keep you going throughout the day. Whole eggs promote heart health.
- Peanut butter, this is a low glycemic index food which makes it an ideal component in your diet. It helps control your blood sugar throughout the day. It can be incorporated in either your breakfast or an afternoon snack or in your smoothies to give an extra splash of nutty flavor. It is preferable to use homemade peanut butter than store bought as it has no added sugar or any preservatives, which just add up extra unneeded calories and interrupting your fat loss journey.
- Lentils, this is also a protein rich food that is plant based. Although lentils is an incomplete protein but provides with many essential amino acids and when paired with any other incomplete protein such as rice, it becomes a complete protein with all amino acids needs by our body for fat burning. It is a complete meal that will keep you full for quite a while and that is why it is consumed as a lunch or dinner. The fiber and starch in lentils helps to keep you fuller and consume fewer calories.
- Legumes (Beans), okay this is an all-time favorite traditional food. This is also plant based food that is cooked by boiling, frying, or baking with the spices of your desire. Legumes also help reduce the risk of heart diseases by lowering cholesterol levels as well as your blood pressure. It has a good amount of dietary fiber which helps in the feeling of fullness.
Now these were some foods, let’s get onto vegetables that promote fat loss.
- Cabbage, a leafy green vegetable which has high water content. This makes it perfect for fat loss as it has very low calories (30) and can be eaten in ample amounts without the fear of any gaining weight. Fun fact, cabbage is really good for your skin health as it rich in antioxidants (vitamin C and beta-carotenoids). So now you can lose fat and get a glowing skin.
- Lettuce, another leafy green vegetable, with high water content. It has only 15 calories for 100 grams. Can be eaten in your salads, soups or as an afternoon snack. Lettuce has fol-ate, calcium, potassium, and vitamin C so while losing fat you don’t deprive yourself of essential vitamin and minerals needed by your body.
- Spinach, a dark leafy vegetable with high nutritious value. it has Vitamin C ,K, A,E, calcium , potassium, fol-ate, manganese, vitamin B6,vitamin B2, so incorporate this in your diet so you don’t miss out on the essential nutrients.
- Broccoli, low in calories and high in nutritional content such as vitamin C, K, potassium, iron, calcium and fiber. Broccoli is often referred to as the “Super food” as it is rich in nutrients and is one the healthiest veggies.
- Potatoes, yes you heard right!!!! Potatoes as long as they are not fried are really good for you. Although it is above 100 calories but has many nutrients such as potassium, fiber, vitamin C, and some complex carbohydrates. These are naturally free of all the cholesterol and fat if boiled or baked will not harm your fat loss but NO FRYING.
- Apples are a very tasty, healthy and nutritious food that can be eaten as a breakfast or a snack. Apples are low in calories and have vitamin A, C, and cobalamin. These are high in fiber and antioxidants. Apples reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer, and diabetes apples help cleanse toxins out of your body.
- Grapefruit, it is the healthiest fruit. Can be consumed at breakfast and as a snack throughout the day. It has high water content with low calories making it perfect for burning fat. It promotes health of your immune system and is high in powerful antioxidants.
- Blueberries, low in calories but high in fiber. Blueberries are referred to as the “antioxidant super food” as it is packed with antioxidants and phytoflavinoids combined with high amounts of potassium and vitamin C. These are perfect for snack time or on your acai bowls.
- Raspberries are the tastiest and the sweetest of the fruits out there. Low in calories and high in fiber, vitamin, minerals and antioxidants. These are an easy addition to your diet as it can be eaten in breakfast, as your snack or your dessert.
- Banana is the “super food” as it is low in calories but rich in potassium, manganese vitamin C, and minerals. It has high fiber content and large amounts of natural sugar.